Estimating alcohol marketing exposure
The module on alcohol marketing exposure is four-part and composed of close-ended questions. It goes into:
1) The diverse places where the young have seen or heard any advert or special on alcohol, in the last 12 months. This group of questions was adapted from the AMPHORA survey to the French context and issues:
=> They go through 3 universes:
- The street and other public spaces including bill boards, public transportations and supermarkets.
- Information media (radio, magazines and newspapers, Internet). TV was excluded as advertising on TV is banned.
- Cultural spaces or events (incl. virtual one like movies or video games, sport events and Internet)
Several questions focus on the last alcohol-related advertising that they’ve kept in mind, over the last 30 days. They deal with:
2) The memorization of the type and brand of the praised beverage of the last remembered advert.
3) Whether adolescent recognize themselves or not as the direct target of this lastly remembered advert (whether seen or heard).
4) Whether adolescents liked this advert and whether it succeeded in arousing their desire of drinking.
Access to the module: forthcoming
Drugs in Europe
What do the latest data tell us about the European drug market? What are the new trends in drug use among European adults and school students? What are the harms associated with drug use and what is being done to counter them? These and other questions are explored in the 2019 EMCDDA European Drug Report.
Country drug reports 2019
Developed by the EMCDDA, in cooperation with the Reitox national focal points, these graphic-rich reports cover: drug use and public health problems; drug policy and responses and drug supply.
The European Union and the drug phenomenon
The European Union & the drug phenomenon : Frequently asked questions, joint publication between the EMCDDA and the European Commission, october 2010, 12 p.